The Acorn ELC is open year round. When a space becomes available, or when a family gives notice of withdrawal, the centre will look to its own waiting list as well as the Centralized Waiting List to find a replacement child.
We recommend that you schedule a tour of the Preschool when putting your child on the waiting list, but it is not necessary. Our desire that you as a parent, are able to make informed choices for your child’s education and care are paramount.
The above form can be mailed, dropped off in person, or faxed. Please see our contact information here.
Wait List Policy
Acorn Early Learning Centre prides itself in offering many options for families including full time care and many parttime options. We encourage all families to come to visit us before making a decision about the care and education for their children. We also ask that all families register with the Centralized Wait List, indicating that Acorn Early Learning Centre is one of their choices.
We do have some priorities that we consider when inviting new families to join us. In order of priority, care will be offered to
- Children currently enrolled in the program who want to continue
- Siblings of children currently enrolled in the program who have submitted a waitlist registration form
- Children of current Acorn Employees who have submitted a waitlist registration form
- Returning families. The time span between the withdrawal of a family and their new waitlist registration must not exceed three years.
- Families who are on the centralized wait list already and who have chosen to put their children on our in-house waitlist after visiting/touring the centre
- Families who are on the centralized wait list.
- Special Consideration may be given to families with children who have been identified as special learners.
Any person may ask where they are on the list according to the Policy, but may only have information with regards to themselves and not others due to confidentiality.